This is a very tasty recipe and super easy! I have halved this recipe before and it works great. Another hint I have is whenever I have cooked it for 2 hours, the rice is always crispy and overcooked around the edges. I find that if I cook it for about an hour and 15 minutes, the chicken is cooked through and the rice is cooked perfectly. But make sure the chicken is cooked through!
Rice and Chicken Dinner
1 cup rice
¼ cup margarine
4 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water
Salt and pepper
1 package onion soup mix
Place really thin slices of the butter/margarine all along the bottom of the 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle the rice (uncooked) on top of that and then place the four chicken breasts on top of that. Mix the 2 cans soup with one soup can of water in a bowl and then pour on top of chicken and rice (be sure to get some under the chicken as well). Cover with foil and cook for about 2 hours on 350. You can also do this in the crock pot.
This is the crock pot version. Basically the same, but some extra instructions.
Rice and Chicken Dinner
1 cup rice
¼ cup margarine
4 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water
Salt and pepper
1 package onion soup mix
This is the same version you do in the oven, only modified for the crock pot. Place really thin slices of the butter/margarine all along the bottom of the crock pot (I also spray with Pam). Sprinkle the rice (uncooked) on top of that. Mix the 2 cans soup with one soup can of water in a bowl and then pour on top of chicken and rice (be sure to get some under the chicken as well). Place the four chicken breasts on top of that. Cook for about 1 hour on high and then 4 or so on low (for chicken tenderloins). I find it works well if I stir up the rice about an hour before serving and then another time after that.
History: My sister got this from her college roommate.
No comments:
Post a Comment