This dish is easy and if I got my three year old to eat it, then anyone will like it! I made a couple of changes to the recipe. First, I didn't use swiss cheese, I used mozzarella because I'm not a huge fan of swiss and the dish still tasted great! I also fried the chicken in a frying pan with the butter and cooked it all the way through and cut it into small pieces. Then I mixed the chicken in with the rice mixture and poured everything into the pan at once. It made more of a casserole instead. We had a side of green beans and everyone was happy!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Dish
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 1/2 cups cooked rice (should be hot)
1 cup small cubed cooked ham pieces
1 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Lightly brown the chicken in 3 tablespoons of butter and transfer to a 9x13 inch pan. Place rice in a bowl with the remaining butter, ham grated cheese and parsley. Mix and spread in the pan with chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 mins or until heated through and the chicken is cooked all the way.
History: I got this recipe from my mom--Ann W.
No comments:
Post a Comment