I whipped these last night and they were super yummy! I made a couple of changes and they turned out great! I only put mozzarella cheese in ours along with some Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepperonis. Also, I used 3 rolls instead of 2 (but for the boys I only used one and only put cheese and garlic salt in them). There are so many ways you could do these--add oregano, ham, pineapple, etc. Have fun!
Calzones
Thaw 2 frozen Rhodes white rolls for every calzone you want to make. Combine a few cups of Ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. You can add any seasoning, meat, whatever you want. When the rolls are thawed, combine 2 of them and roll it out flat. Put a heaping mound of cheese mixture on one side. Fold over the side and seal it shut by pushing down the seam with a fork. Bake in the oven by the same instructions for the rolls on the bag. When you’re ready to serve, warm up some tomato sauce and pour over the calzones.
History: I got this recipe from my sister, Jenny.
No comments:
Post a Comment