Friday, November 5, 2010

Lemon Bars

These are my favorite lemon bars EVER! They are better than any store bought ones you can find and they are super easy to make. The one hint I have for this recipe is you might have to cook the filling longer than 25 mins. It just depends on what oven I use. Sometimes 25 mins is perfect but other times I’ve had to cook it 10 minutes longer. You just have to look at how jiggly the filling is.

Lemon Bars

Crust-
1 c soft butter
Dash of salt
½ c powdered sugar
2c flour
Combine ingredients and mix well. Press mixture into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Filling-
2 cups sugar
2T flour
6T lemon or lime juice
4 eggs beaten
Combine sugar and flour in medium bowl. Combine eggs and lemon juice and stir into dry mixture. Pour onto slightly cooled crust. Bake an additional 25 mins and remove from oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

History: I got this recipe from my cooking class at BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment